The Cairo Governorate had a large amount of data and maps from multiple sources in multiple formats (paper and digital). Having information scattered across multiple data sources from different departments, hindered supporting decision making with immediate access to valuable information. In addition, paper-based data poses risks of exposing data to damage or loss and other preservation and storage risks.
It is also challenging and time consuming to efficiently extract required information from archived paper data. Cairo Governorate wanted to address all these challenges by having all data from different sources gathered in a unified database linking maps and data, and hence facilitating quick access to accurate information and supporting informed decision-making.
- Immediate access to accurate and updated information enabled better-informed decision-making.
- Empower daily decision making with quick access to updated indicators reflected in the implemented operations dashboard.
- Having all data centralized in a unified database facilitated data maintenance and hence ensured higher data accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Having a unified geo-enabled platform enabled better collaboration between Cairo Governorate departments.
- Enhanced monitoring and control of field operations, and enhanced collaboration between head office and field workers.
- Enhanced staff capacity and efficiency, and hence better performance and less waste of time.